RE: [SLUG] rsh permission issue

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 13:48:29 EST

On Thu, 2003-02-06 at 10:10, Rock wrote:
> Rsh is turned on in both boxes and the files are indentical.

By files, do you mean the hosts.allow and hosts.deny?

> I have rsh and rsh-server running on both boxes as well.

If tcp wrappers are in place (tcpd), then hosts.allow and hosts.deny are
probably the answer:

$ man hosts.allow
$ man hosts.deny

If not, you could try the highly ill-advised creation of an .rhosts file
in the user's home directory (or the /etc/hosts.equiv).

$ man rlogin
/rhosts <enter>
/hosts.equiv <enter>

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- An improperly trained Samurai dies quickly.