[SLUG] Good SCSI card

From: Brother Joseph (irisinc@tbi.net)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 10:13:49 EST

I spent $225 on an Adaptec 39160 SCSI card and I am very disappointed. First I made the common (for me) mistake of not reading up on or asking others about the ultra 160 specification. It seems you are able to get 160 mb out of the card if you have a motherboard with 64 bit PCI which has not available until recently.

Anyway, I used an old AdvanSys SCSI card to drive a 1gb jazz drive and a Yamaha CRW8424S CDRW drive and am as happy as I can be with the performance of the card. This thing loads fast, operates well and gives me not problems unlike that Adaptec.

I can't seem to find any used Advansys cards available on Ebay or other sites. Can anyone recommend another manufacture (other than Adaptec) who make a good fast SCSI card? As you may have guessed, I am sour on Adaptec.

Joe