Re: [SLUG] Red Hat Network

From: R P Herrold (herrold@owlriver.com)
Date: Thu Feb 06 2003 - 16:02:14 EST

On Thu, 6 Feb 2003, Doug Koobs wrote:

> While researching the problems I am having with RHN, I came across this
> interesting article about ReHat's push to get its customers to pay for
> their premium products...
>
> http://news.com.com/2100-1001-983546.html

 "It's impossible to replicate a certified version of Red Hat
Advanced Server. That only comes from us," Thompson said.

yawn -- I have to pay when I buy groceries at the market too.
But I can grow my own food for free if I'm willing to invest
the time.

GPL makes the seeds available. "certified" is a slippery
term. I _do_, and I sell my produce at my stand as well:

   http://www.owlriver.com/support/

fifth bullet item.

Tastes just like, or even better, than their variety, I think.

I try to eat nothing not OSI compliant license with sources
available for unrestricted commercial reuse myself.

-- Russ Herrold