Re: [SLUG] From mp3 to wav

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Sun Feb 09 2003 - 23:00:46 EST

Well, I did an apt-cache search and obtained some possibilities.

~$ apt-cache search mp3 to wav
audacity - A fast, cross-platform audio editor
ecawave - graphical audio file editor
gjay - An automatic and learning DJ for xmms
grip - GNOME-based CD-player/ripper/encoder
gstreamer-misc - Collection of various GStreamer plugins
jack - Rip and encode CDs with one command
libsnack2 - Sound functionality extension to the Tcl/Tk language
moosic - Daemon/client combo to easily queue music files for playing
mp3burn - burn audio CDs directly from MP3s or Ogg Vorbis files
normalize - adjust the volume of WAV files to a standard volume level
quelcom - Command line editing tools for MP3 and WAV files
simplecdrx - SimpleCDR-X is a frontend for CD writing and mastering.
sweep - An editor for sound samples
terminatorx - A realtime audio synthesizer

If you want to burn audio CDs from mp3s, it looks like mp3burn is what
you want. For some info,

~$ apt-cache show mp3burn
Package: mp3burn
Section: sound
Installed-Size: 88
Maintainer: tony mancill <tmancill@debian.org>
Architecture: all
Version: 0.02-9
Depends: perl, mpg321 (>= 0.1.5.2), cdrecord, libmp3-info-perl,
vorbis-tools (>= 1.0)
Filename: pool/main/m/mp3burn/mp3burn_0.02-9_all.deb
Size: 16128
MD5sum: 0d931be45abd810902632dfccd58f903
 mp3burn is a Perl script that allows you to burn audio CDs composed
 of MP3 or Ogg Vorbis tracks without an intermediate file conversion
 to .cdr or .wav.
 Actually, the .mp3/.ogg files *are* converted using a decoder, but are
 written to FIFOs so they don't consume a lot of filesystem space during
 the burn.

or you can look at some of the other packages or search freshmeat.net
for mp3burn to find its site.

scott