Re: [SLUG] debian and networking

From: Scott Piper (piper@ij.net)
Date: Tue Feb 11 2003 - 11:01:31 EST

I think you will need to bring up the pcmcia module before your
networking is started. You can get info from man
/etc/network/interfaces. If I remember correctly on my iopener I used
the pre-up option to test if the usb network adapter was connected (by
simply looking in /proc/bus/usb with grep for the adapter) and if not,
then I didn't bring up the ethernet networking at boot. You probably
want a pre-up line with a modprobe your-pcmcia-module statement so your
card will be recognized before you try to use it.

scott