[SLUG] sending SMS via email

From: Jay Wineinger (shad@wnoc.com)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 13:51:19 EST

Hey guys,
    I was wondering if anyone has had problems sending a text message (SMS)
to a cell phone through the att network. I guessing its a problem with my
companys mail server configuration but this is whats going on. I can
receive text messages when sent from the att website or through my
mindspring mail server. If I try to send one using my companys mail server,
the message gets held and I get periodical notices (4 hr, 12hr 5 day, etc)
that the message couldnt be delivered. The only thing the email back to me
says (relevant to the problem) is "Deferred: Connection timed out with
mta01.cdpd.airdata.com".

Any ideas?

thanks,
Jay