[SLUG] Off topic - typical windows rubbish

From: marrandy (marrandy@chaossolutions.org)
Date: Mon Feb 17 2003 - 15:06:02 EST

Hello.

Another good reason to get rid of windows !!!

I just did a windows update on someone's win-ME system that, on checking, had
last been updated in October 2002.

When it had finished, with the obligatory couple of reboots, there was no
connectivity.

On checking settings|network|tcp/ip I found the static settings had been
removed/deleted and changed to 'obtain settings automatically, also the GW
had been deleted.

Typical M$ crap !!!

We need to get the message out about these chenanigans.

Regards...Martin

--
"Call immediately.  Time is running out.  We both need to do something
monstrous before we die."