Re: [SLUG] Gentoo at Sarasota Meeting

From: Mark (mark@bish.net)
Date: Tue Feb 18 2003 - 19:32:26 EST

Go up I 75 to the University Exit, go west on University.

5-6 miles down the road you will cross some railroad tracks right before a
traffic light, the traffic light is Hwy 301. Keep going straight.

At the next light there is a 7-11 on the right side. There is also a road
right before it. Turn right.

Go over the train tracks and right around the bend is a big white building
on the right side. It says "Baker" around the top edges. That is where
the meeting is.

Go the main entrance by the flag pole. If you are late (past 6:00) follow
the directions on the piece of paper tapes to the door to be let in.

On Tue, 18 Feb 2003, Robert Foxworth wrote:

> Can someone in the area kindly clarify the directions to this meeting before
> I spend an hour coming there from Tampa?
>
> The slug website says the address is at 8323 Lindbergh CT Sarasota.
> I am not having luck with Yahoo finding a Lindbergh CT. The map at
> bish.net/directions shows a red X alongside/on Bradenton Road running
> alongside the eastern edge of SRQ Airport, north of University Pkwy.
> Is this the same thing? IOW Bradenton RD == Lindbergh CT??
>
> Tnx Bob
>

> > I'm going to be discussing Gentoo at the next (Wednesday) Sarasota SLUG
> > Meeting. It's merits, similarity to the BSD Ports system and usefulness.
> > I'll cover the emerge and ebuild systems that make up Portage. And
> > hopefully even get a clean workstation installed with Gentoo 1.4rc2.
> >
> > If anybody wants to hear about anything in particular, reply and I'll
> > see if I can bring it up. ;)
> >
> > --
> > Austin Theen <austin@austintheen.com>
> > Information Technology Works