Re: [SLUG] FaxMail with sendmail

From: marrandy (marrandy@chaossolutions.org)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 13:17:13 EST

On Wednesday 19 February 2003 12:11 pm, you wrote:
> Thanks for the advice, everyone. I've decided to go the route of using
> my ISP's mail server. So I changed my configuration file's line to
> read: define(`SMART_HOST',`outgoing.verizon.net')
> and now I get the following feedback from verizon (see below). I've
> played around with the config file, since, but I can't seem to make it
> work. Thanks for helping me with this. I know this isn't the most
> exciting stuff to discuss. -eric

I've seen some strange smtp mail servers before, but are you sure Verizon's
customers use outgoing.verizon.net as the outgoing smtp as opposed to the
more conventional smtp.verizon.net ?

You had better check/verify their website for setup information.

Regards...Martin

--
Q:	How do you keep a moron in suspense?