Re: [SLUG] Domain Name Registration

From: John (john@jmp-systems.com)
Date: Wed Feb 19 2003 - 22:02:26 EST

On Wed, 19 Feb 2003 21:12:02 -0500, Bob Stia wrote:

-> Hi Sluggers,
->
-> Want to try and register a new domain name on the www. Last
time I
-> did that was with VeriSign. They have gotten a little
pricey. Can
-> someone make a recommendatiohn for me?

Take a look at DirectNic.com. I've used them for a few years
and had no problems. They have a nice interface to administer
all your domains at one time (I've used others where you have to
renew each domain one at a time).

Also, easy to change nameserver settings; or set up email
forwarding, and they have some kind of simple web site, all
included in the price. (I haven't used the web site feature but
I assume there's advertising on it)

Price is $15 per year. There are cheaper ones, but DirectNic is
good value, I think.

John