RE: [SLUG] ssh tribulations

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Wed Feb 26 2003 - 13:17:47 EST

On Wed, 2003-02-26 at 11:29, Rock wrote:
> Is there and issue of having two distinctly different iterations of
> openssh? On the server I have openssh-2.5.2p2-5 and on the client I
> have openssh-3.5p1-1. Problem is on the server I need RH 7.1 and on the
> client I can have any RH I want, and I am running 8.0.

You should be able to communicate fine between the different versions.
You could always upgrade to openssh-3.5p1-1.on your RedHat 7.1 server
for security reasons if for no other reason.
http://rpmfind.net//linux/RPM/redhat/updates/7.1/i386/openssh-3.1p1-5.i386.html

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- The tree of liberty must be refreshed from time to time, with the blood of patriots and tyrants. -- Jefferson