RE: [SLUG] LKM rootkits

From: Rock (mrock@stewartsigns.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 07:23:37 EST

I would like to know how you knew you had been hacked. I have strange
emails that I get that say I have sent a virus infected email to someone
I have never heard of, and from my system at that. I get 2 or 3 of them
a day.

We have both Linux and NT servers and I have both a Linux and MS
desktop. We use Nortons on incoming and outgoing email so I don't know
how that could happen, unless it is sneaking out the Linux side of the
system.

Michael C. Rock
Systems Analyst
Registered Linux User # 287973

"The time has come the walrus said to speak of many things,,,"
"Christians give up what they cannot keep to gain what they cannot lose"