[SLUG] Can I do this move the tmp dir?

From: Mike Manchester (mchester@pobox.com)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:58:10 EST

I have a server that is having trouble importing a project into CVS. The
problem is that /tmp is on a small drive. There is a 30Gig drive on this
machine that has lots of room and I was wondering if I can move /tmp to
the drive? If so how do I do that? I know I can do a symbolic link but
what I'm have reservations about is the permissions. The /tmp file is
drwxrwxrwt 7 root root 1024 Feb 27 05:54 tmp
I can create a dir on the second drive ie.
drwxrwxrwt 2 root root 1024 Feb 27 05:58 /tmp
/data/tmp with the proper permissions by doing a chmod 777 /data/tmp and
a chmod +t /data/tmp (I'm guessing the t means temp?) But I don't know
how to duplicat the 7 between the permissions and the user. I can't seem
to find anywhere where this is explained.And when I create the dir it
places a 2 there. Does this make a difference for what I'm trying to do?

Thanks
Mike M.