[SLUG] RE: Verison DSL

From: Maureen L. Thomas (elgato513@worldnet.att.net)
Date: Thu Feb 27 2003 - 06:37:18 EST

I was called by Verizon and offered DSL for 29.99 a month. Free modem
and cable. All I have to do is supply the ethernet card.
How easy is it to hook up for someone like myself who is still a
relative newbie

How hard is it to secure - I use Bastille for a firewall but don't have
any of the other stuff I read about on the SLUG list. Can I turn my
machine off on the two days that I work, and if I can will I have to
reset anything to get it to work. I'm using Mandrake 9.0 on an AMD 850
Duron.

Is Verizon DSL any good. I had there dial up until they had so many
people on one line that it became unusable. Any if all the answers are
good what ethernet card would you recommend ?

TIA for you wisdom, Maureen