[SLUG] Need Assistance Loading Linux on a Compaq Proliant 2500

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Feb 28 2003 - 18:49:52 EST

Hey All!

Need some assistance. Some time ago I told you about a not for profit
called family services. They needed a spam filter I go tthem Linux and
a spam filter product but they are having issues with the box. Here is
his email to me:

Ahem, well, uh, we have this old Compaq Proliant 2500 server. It won't
load Linux (EnGarde or RedHat 8) onto it's SCSI-RAID drives, nor will it
work with an IDE hard drive. RedHat plain old won't load and EnGarde
seems to, but the system won't boot afterward and there appears to be
nothing there when looking on the hard drives. Do you know anyone who's
an old Compaq server guru? Or is there something we need to do to
preconfigure the Linux installer so that it will load onto an old
dual-drive mirrored SCSI-RAID array?

Does anyone know how to get linux onto this box?

Regards
RussW

--
Russ Wright <rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com>