[SLUG] News report on Microsoft.

From: William Coulter (wrcoulter30@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Mar 03 2003 - 17:43:24 EST

Hey everyone. I read a very interesting article in the USA Today paper. Sorry, for no link, but
they wanted money to see the real article. I found it in the Thursday Money section Feburary 27.
The title of the article is "Rivals chip away at Microsoft's dominance." It is basicly about a
business that makes electric guitars and got a fine of $90,000 for eight unlicensed copies of
Microsoft Office. Sterling Ball of Ernie Ball electric guitars and strings is free of microsoft
for two years now. He has removed anything that is connected to Microsoft and is using
Open-source programs. Further down the article, it states that the LINUX server software has
increased by 73% to $1.3 Billion in 2002. It also states that in the worldwide market share in
desktip PC software it is gainning ground. 1999 it was 1.5%, 2000 it was 1.7%, 2001 it was 2.4%,
and in 2002 it was 3%.

Way to go everyone! Keep it up. Spread the word, that LINUX is the answer!!!

William
PS-I may scan and email the orignal article. I can't do justice to what was said.