Re: [SLUG] SCO Suing IBM

From: Ed Centanni (ecentan1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 18:01:27 EST

Here's an extra bit of mud to clear things up.

One thing that isn't talked about much on all these web articles is that
  , oddly enough, SCO does own the *nix source code it does NOT own the
*nix trademark -- The X/Open Company Ltd does:

http://www.unix-systems.org/trademark.html

The X/Open Company is either the parent company or does business as
(dba) as The Open Group which has 5 corporate sponsors: HP, Hitachi,
Fujitsu, Sun and <insert sinister music> I B M!

I wonder if IBM could influence the Open Group to yank SCO's use of the
*nix trademark?! I'm sure that would do wonders for the "value" of
SCO's precious-sss source.

Ed.