Re: [SLUG] SCO Suing IBM

From: steve (steve@itcom.net)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 17:53:42 EST

On Friday 07 March 2003 07:22, Russell Hires wrote:
> No, I think this is a HUGE event. And a sad one. On Linuxtoday,
> there's oh, 4 different headlines from various sources about
> this. And more on the way, I'm sure.
>
> Russell

Hmm, I must be thick or something. I don't see how this affects
Linux particularly. Linux code does not include SCO code. If AIX
does then IBM will deal with it. It will not impede their Linux
commitment, if anything the opposite.

It's sad to see SCO doing this but totally expected as they have a
fiscal responsibility to the shareholders. One they can be sued
over for not protecting it properly. Add to that slimy attorneys
and off we go.

Now if it somehow is proven in court that Linux does include IP then
it could become a big setback. But I'm not about to start worrying
about that until something substantiates that.

--

Steve ______________________________________________________ (This sig has been left open for your imagination.)