[SLUG] SCO Suing IBM

From: Paul M Foster (paulf@quillandmouse.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 01:48:04 EST

In case you haven't been following it (and I hadn't until now), there's
a story on NewsForge by ESR on how SCO is suing IBM for billions over
IBM's "disclosure" of SCO intellectual property to the "free software"
community. SCO bought the Unix source and IP from Novell in 1995, and
is now looking high and low for vestiges of their IP. IBM has the
deepest pockets, so they're the first to get sued.

In any case, since Caldera became SCO, they've become more and more
hostile to the Open Source community. This present action is a direct
threat to us. I don't want to spend too much time on this on the SLUG
list, but it seems like a pretty important event to me.

Paul