Re: [SLUG] SCO Suing IBM

From: Joe O (joeo@cracktown.com)
Date: Fri Mar 07 2003 - 11:20:03 EST

This is a take from one of the older hacks in the FreeBSD development
world. SCO would be fighting an uphill battle on this even if they were
much more powerful and cash rich. People seem to forget the early 90's
USL/UCB settlement (SCO aquired the remains and intelectual property of
USL from Novell, who'd bought it from AT&T), which released a lot
of bits and pieces of code from being considered USL intelectual property.

I'm interested in hearing more about the potential class action angle
Robin mentioned, especially if damages for current and future lost
business for linux vendors could be calculated, it could be devestating to
SCO.