Re: [SLUG] A general UNIX question

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Mon Mar 24 2003 - 13:52:25 EST

On Monday 24 March 2003 05:46, Mike Manchester wrote:
> But I've also seen it work with one user and not another on the same
> system.
>
> It works in my ksh on our company system, but it won't work on for a
> co-worker running the same shell on the same system just a different
> tty.

I've never experienced a problem running ksh as *any* user and having "set -o
vi" work appropriately.

If you start "ksh" implictly as a user, does the problem go away? If so, this
means your user shell isn't ksh. Your nss subsystem may be pulling the user
shell info from another source than the one you're looking at (ie yp/NIS,
ldap, or some other source rather than /etc/passwd).

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)