Re: [SLUG] RAID 0 on IDE

From: Kenneth W Hansen (khansen46@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Apr 07 2003 - 08:56:06 EDT

"what is it that you
> are
> trying to do?"

First and foremost, This is about learning. I have
some things I want to achieve in the coming years, and
I have a lot to learn to achieve those goals. Going
back to school isn't a feasible option at this moment,
so I spend all my free time at home "playing" with
different setups.
As for the RAID0: I want to see how much I can speed
up my system with what I have available. Currently I
have 2:
AMD K6/2 300
256 PC133
(2) 4G HD

SLOT 1 Celeron 400
128 PC133
(1) 4G HD

My past experience has been Automated Reporting on
Windows systems, as well as specialized reporting
(forecasting, scheduling, compliance, etc). I'm only 6
or 8 months into Linux now, and I want to become as
proficient in Linux as in Windows, and learn to do
these same things.
I have to say, It's been a big change.
Thanks for all the help!

Ken