Re: [SLUG] Finding Jobs

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri Apr 25 2003 - 07:48:02 EDT

> > Oh, I had to laugh at your noisy switchroom comment, because I work in
> > an over-sized closet in the warehouse at my current employer. I have to
> > put up with no windows, and switches / servers buzzing all around me.
> > Sometimes I put sunglasses over my sunglasses before I walk outside.
>
> Just to let you know, one way to get out of the switchroom is to start
leaving your empty cups of
> coffee on the switches, servers, ect... That will usually give you a nice
cubile in the mail room!
> lol :-)

I'm not sure what a great idea this is, as I thought the correct model
for a server room is to limit access so you don't have every
Tom|Dick|Harry wandering in, pressing keys on keyboards,
inserting bootdisks in NT server drives etc. Then, with access
properly limited, there is no one but yourself to notice the empty
cups of coffee lying around. I'm sure there are those who PREFER
hiding in the server room, noise and all. Then there's OSHA issues...
when it reaches 85 degrees every day then, "let's takl" hi
Bob