Re: [SLUG] Floppy Drive woes - more info

From: Russ Wright (rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 14:27:01 EDT

vfat is a module I confirmed it

Okay tried the # mount -t vfat /dev/fd0 /mnt/floppy

and the drive mounted. I changed directory to /mnt/floppy
However when I attempt:
#cp /mnt/floppy/readme.txt /home/rwright

It starts copying (makes the floppy noises) then I get:

cp: reading 'readme.txt': Input/output error

* I confirmed it is a good disk I tried the same commands on my linux
box and it works fine.

* I also tried the copy command using a dos boot disk and it will copy
just fine after booting to dos.

Any ideas??

--
Russ Wright <rwrigh10@tampabay.rr.com>