Re: [SLUG] 15" Flat Panel Displays for Linux

From: Joe Burnsworth (jburnsworth@earthlink.net)
Date: Tue May 06 2003 - 16:16:47 EDT

On Tue, 6 May 2003 tlboyles1@att.net wrote:

> Does anyone have experience with or suggestions on which LCD flat panel
> displays (new) will work with Linux?

I personally haven't been fortunate enough to be able to get a hold of one
of these yet. But I would think that it would be like any other monitor..

i.e. Most distributions call it "monitor driver selection", when in fact
it is just the vertical and horizontal refresh rate specs from the
factory. I would check the manual or documentation of the monitor in
question and make the changes for the refresh rates in your XF86Config
file for X Window. I'm sure there is a convenient little configuration
utility out there, anyone else care to step in here and name off some of
those config utils? I use Slackware, so I really don't deal too much with
any of them (I prefer to edit by hand).

Just my $0.02 ..

-Joe