Re: [SLUG] Directory structure question

From: Chuck Fricke (cfricke@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 08 2003 - 21:23:36 EDT

Actually, if i'm not mistaken, hda4 should be your extended partition and
encompass hda5 and hda6 as logical partitions. Just be sure to make the
partitions sized appropriately for future upgrades (measure twice and cut
once).

hda1 Windows 2000
hda2 RedHat 9
hda3 Knoppix
hda4 Extended
hda5 /home
hda6 Swap (approximately 1.5 times the amount of ram you will have in 6
months)

As this goes, I personally don't see any issues. If left up to the
installation, the distro's typically create one primary partition and all
other logical drives in the extended partition. I see it better to take
control and frame the drive as needed.

Chuck