Re: [SLUG] Booting CD-ROMS

From: Robert Eanes (rheanes3@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 01:21:26 EDT

Does the motherboard manufacturer have an update BIOS.
 I can even count how many machines have given me the
same problems.

Here's the question.. did this used to boot from
cdrom? If it did then something changed... most
likely, one of the chips in the cdrom isn't
functioning any more and a new cdrom will solve the
problem.

If not then maybe the BIOS is not boot compatable. I
have an older IBM that does this exact same thing. It
would boot from cdrom if it had the origonal ibm cdrom
in it, but I replaced it with a working one,, and ever
since, it doesn't boot from cdrom (in this case it was
a standards problem.

If you have another cdrom that is known to boot from
cdrom in another machine .. then try it out.. that way
you will know if it is the BIOS or not.. if it is the
BIOS then only an upgrade will help.

--- Dylan William Hardison <dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com>