Re: [SLUG] Good technical legal counsel?

From: Timothy L. Jones (tim@timjones.com)
Date: Thu May 15 2003 - 09:13:03 EDT

Wouldn't such libel have to be pretty specific in order to be actionable?

I mean I could name a couple local companies to avoid too. It would be a
great service to each other if we did share this type of information, at
least their identities, if not their specific offenses (although this could
perhaps be done off-list or on the phone, once a problem customer is
recognized).

I don't use written contracts for any of my side work. Except for those cases
mentioned above, I have not regretted it... On the other hand, I do not
believe having one would have made the situation any better in the deadbeat
cases. On the whole, I fully recognize that I SHOULD have one.

tlj