[SLUG] Redhat 9.0 help

From: steven morris (sjmorris2001@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 18 2003 - 19:36:18 EDT

Recently installed RH9 w/all patches/fixes from their
site. I find when I click on scanning the following
msg appears: Xsane version 0.89 > scanning > no
devices available. Yet, hardware manager says the
scanner is lcated at /dev/sg1. What do I need to do to
get the scanner working and where do I do it?? Next, I
have a Sony 500a DVDRW drive. I can mount/unmount and
see the files on the media however,I cannot format,
erase, or copy files to the drive/media. The drive is
found at /dev/scd1. How can I rectify this to make the
drive work?? Lastly, I have a ps/2 ibm scrollpoint
mouse and the 'speed' across the screen is slow is
there any way/adjustment to speed it up. Sorry for all
the questions but I am still trying to get the hang of
it all.....Thanks again.....