Re: [SLUG] Re: The potential of collaborative documentation (was:Roblimo Linux)

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu May 22 2003 - 01:30:33 EDT

>>I assure you, the "You're too dumb to use Linux" attitude is still out
>>there, although it's not as virulent or widespread as it was 5 - 6 years
>>ago.

   I am just a user, I have no idea how to do what I am doing,
I was told: you down load the source and compile it, I found READ.ME
and I followed it. Slackware has a package add/remove utility, I have
no idea how to use it. (pkgtools or some such)
I find the man pages cryptic using term I can't easily locate, and I
wish someone would teach someone how to include a couple of examples.
   I was progressing nicely in 6502 assembly language programming until
the lure of "the hard drive" lured me away from my Commodore 128.
(Imagine that: 10 megs at one location!)

   Trained programmers etc. aren't as plentiful as we users looking
to avoid M$ and it's costs. We need those examples, I waste too
much time experimenting, figuring out how to get simple things
to work. I love LINUX, LINUX is not the X system.

--
        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC