[SLUG] OT: Little help?

From: Brad Smith (brad_stephenssmith@yahoo.com)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 13:51:29 EDT

Hey everybody,

First off, I hope this isn’t a breach of list etiquette, but I’m wondering if I can draw upon it
as a resource for our upcoming move. As many of you know, my wife and I will be arriving in the
Tampa area on June 1st. She has been offered an opportunity to help found a school down there, a
huge opportunity for an educator. However, in order to work within the necessary timeframe, we're
going to be heading down before I have a job secured and we’re not yet sure how much my wife’s
opportunity will pay. I know the tech job market in Tampa is not great so I'm trying to get as
much of my job hunt rolling ahead of time as possible. To that end, I would like to submit a link
to my resume and a brief summary of my qualifications just in case anyone here is or knows someone
who is in a position to hire and thinks I might be a match. I am reachable via email or my cell #
(on resume), which is a Tampa number.

Again, I'm not sure what the etiquette is for this kind of thing and I apologize if anyone finds
it annoying.

--Brad

RESUME
------------------
http://academy.phpwebhosting.com/resumes/bres.html

SUMMARY
------------------
I'm interested in just about any kind of work, but my per-job qualifications can be summarized as
follows:
TRAINING: Advanced - My strongest skill. 3 years experience. Anything I can learn I can teach. =:)
DEVELOPMENT: Intermediate (depending on language) - 2 years of PHP, including large personal
projects (links on resume). Perl for systems administration. Some Java and C, but neither
professionally (would love to work more with them, though).
SYSTEMS ADMIN: Intermediate - 1 year professional admin experience plus 5 years administration of
home networks, leading network admin training courses, etc. Would be interested in a junior-level
position working under someone with more real-world adminning experience.
SUPPORT: Intermediate/Advanced - Just about every job I've had has involved supporting and
interacting with users in one way or another. My communication skills and the breadth of my
experience make me very capable of this sort of work.

LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
http://academy.phpwebhosting.com/paperwork/bletrec-nh.pdf