Re: [SLUG] OT: Little help?

From: SpamFree (SpamFree@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Sun May 25 2003 - 14:56:42 EDT

On Sunday May 25 2003 01:51 pm, you wrote:
> Hey everybody,
>
> First off, I hope this isn’t a breach of list etiquette, but I’m wondering
> if I can draw upon it as a resource for our upcoming move. As many of you
> know, my wife and I will be arriving in the Tampa area on June 1st. She has
> been offered an opportunity to help found a school down there, a huge
> opportunity for an educator. However, in order to work within the necessary
> timeframe, we're going to be heading down before I have a job secured and
> we’re not yet sure how much my wife’s opportunity will pay. I know the tech
> job market in Tampa is not great so I'm trying to get as much of my job
> hunt rolling ahead of time as possible. To that end, I would like to submit
> a link to my resume and a brief summary of my qualifications just in case
> anyone here is or knows someone who is in a position to hire and thinks I
> might be a match. I am reachable via email or my cell # (on resume), which
> is a Tampa number.
>
> Again, I'm not sure what the etiquette is for this kind of thing and I
> apologize if anyone finds it annoying.
>
> --Brad
>
> RESUME
> ------------------
> http://academy.phpwebhosting.com/resumes/bres.html
>
> SUMMARY
> ------------------
> I'm interested in just about any kind of work, but my per-job
> qualifications can be summarized as follows:
> TRAINING: Advanced - My strongest skill. 3 years experience. Anything I can
> learn I can teach. =:) DEVELOPMENT: Intermediate (depending on language) -
> 2 years of PHP, including large personal projects (links on resume). Perl
> for systems administration. Some Java and C, but neither professionally
> (would love to work more with them, though).
> SYSTEMS ADMIN: Intermediate - 1 year professional admin experience plus 5
> years administration of home networks, leading network admin training
> courses, etc. Would be interested in a junior-level position working under
> someone with more real-world adminning experience. SUPPORT:
> Intermediate/Advanced - Just about every job I've had has involved
> supporting and interacting with users in one way or another. My
> communication skills and the breadth of my experience make me very capable
> of this sort of work.
>
> LETTER OF RECOMMENDATION
> http://academy.phpwebhosting.com/paperwork/bletrec-nh.pdf

/me Blinks in stunned silence....

You are packing up and moving across country, with no job prospects. Your
profession is in serious decline with few available jobs, especially in
Tampa. Your wife has a job lined up at the final destination but, you don't
know what the pay is???

I'm sorry but, I must ask. What made you decide to chuck it all and move to
Tampa?????