Re: [SLUG] Apache mod_perl handlers

From: btt@nethouse.com
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 01:10:02 EDT

On Wed, May 28, 2003 at 08:30:46PM -0400, Dylan William Hardison wrote:
> Anyone out there ever written/worked on a Apache handlers written in
> perl? I'm trying write one, but I'm a bit confused about setting the
> request status with $r->status and what the return value of my own
> handler() subroutine. I'm about to start Reading That Fine Source
> code... I haven't found any documentation relating to this.

Hey there,

I've used perl handlers in Apache a couple of times. In those couple
of times, I've never needed to call $r->status() either to set or get
the current status code. I would always just return the http response
code in symbolic form (from Apache::Constants) right from the handler
subroutine.

I guess there's probably a very specific use for $r->status(), but
sure beats me what it could be... maybe it is one of those 'because
you can' functions. :)

Well I hope this answered the question, i was a little unclear on what
exactly you're trying to do...

Cheers..