Re: [SLUG] Moving from RR Cable to Verizon DSL = mucho easy

From: Dylan William Hardison (dylanwh@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Wed May 28 2003 - 23:36:38 EDT

On Wednesday, May 28, 2003 at 11:11PM -0400, Josh Tiner wrote:
[snip]
> Furthermore...who needs cable anyways!?
[snip]

Well, I like cable because of:

Cartoon Network (Samurai Jack, mainly. they have other good stuff too)
Discovery, Discovery Science, Discovery Wings, the History channel,
International News channel (I like watching Japanese and German news,
and the State-owned Chinese news is *funny* sometimes),
and TV-Land is good when they're not showing the Brady Bunch (ick).

Though, I have problems watching TV. my attention span
short... The TV goes to a commerical, I walk away,
and end up programming or reading a book. Completely
forgetting I was watching something. This even happens
with really good shows like Samurai Jack.

Also, about TV commercials:
  They are often louder than normal shows,
  and they're always the same,
  and they have noticable "black" periods seperating them.
  Seems like, with a really fast box, it would be possible to filter
  them... Actually, just filtering out the sound of the commercials
  and replacing it with the clucking of chickens would be an improvment...

--
Bad men live that they may eat and drink, whereas good men eat and drink
that they may live.