Re: [SLUG] Moving from RR Cable to Verizon DSL = mucho easy

From: Ronald KA4INM Youvan (ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 00:01:51 EDT

> folks have been putting TV tuner cards in
> Linux boxen to time-shift programs. It even lets you fastforward
> through the commercials, and don't be thinking there aren't some
> capitalist folks upset about that.

   I have two chums that have been doing that with WINDOWS for years, they
get a 1 hour program (44 minutes) on a 700 meg. CDR. (or a 1/2 hour show
with 1/2 the compression on the same sized disk) They record a noise
free stream from the local HDTV stations, or copy VHS tapes with the
analog tuner/videoinput/output card.

   I have been struggling for 2 or 3 years to do it with LINUX,
but even though I have the same ATI all in wonder tuner/video-
input/output/AGP video card, I can't seem to make any headway.

   I am just a user. (that doesn't understand what he knows)

--
        73 (= Best Regards) de: Ron ka4inm@tampabay.rr.com
     100% Slack. since July, 1997 (still free!) SENT D&T are UTC