[SLUG] Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

From: Mario Lombardo (mario@alienscience.com)
Date: Thu May 29 2003 - 20:13:47 EDT

I'm trying to run kword as a normal user using RedHat8.0, Celeron 900MHz, and
512MB RAM. I tried to logout/login, reboot, and shutdown. Kword works
perfectly as root, but I get the following error with a normal user:

[dusty@baglady dusty]$ kword
Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
[dusty@baglady dusty]$

I've looked on http:/www.google.com/linux and dot.kde.org

All I come up with is "close but no cigar." Lots of people are talking around
this error, but nobody has said, "this is what you need to do."

Has anyone rectified this error? If so, how did you do it? Why does it
happen?

/mario