Re: [SLUG] Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

From: Matt Miller (mmiller1@mptotalcare.com)
Date: Fri May 30 2003 - 09:38:35 EDT

On Thu, 2003-05-29 at 20:13, Mario Lombardo wrote:
> [dusty@baglady dusty]$ kword
> Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy
> [dusty@baglady dusty]$

> Has anyone rectified this error? If so, how did you do it? Why does it
> happen?

No, but I have a few suggestions --
As a normal user run:

$ ldd `which kword`

Make sure all linked libraries are accounted for. I believe if a linked
library is missing it will say "Not Found". Root *may* have an
LD_LIBRARY_PATH which differs from what is in your /etc/ld.so.conf.

Also, you could try running an strace on kword and look for any obvious
errors like files missing or ?.

Thirdly, you could try logging out of kde completely and go to a VC;
remove any files owned by the normal user from /tmp.

$ find /tmp -user <uid> -exec rm {} \;

Log back into kde and try launching kword again.

--

Matt Miller Systems Administrator MP TotalCare gpg public key id: 08BC7B06

-- Insanity in individuals is something rare - but in groups, parties, nations and epochs, it is the rule. -- Nietzsche