Re: [SLUG] need video help

From: Tony A. Lambley (tal@vextech.net)
Date: Wed Jun 04 2003 - 16:42:01 EDT

My sager has the radeon 9000 mobility chipset. 3d is non-existent, 2d is
fine at 1600x1200. I'm sad to say that I've had nothing but problems
trying to use ATI's drivers with both redhat and debian. To get at the
XFree86 ATI drivers, I upgraded to 4.3 and found my glxgear dropped from
a crappy 400-450 to a bloody awful 220ish! Apparently, they're supposed
to be over 2000 on this machine :(