Re: [SLUG] RoadRunner modem status page

From: Ian C. Blenke (icblenke@nks.net)
Date: Fri Jun 06 2003 - 15:17:24 EDT

The Scientific Atlanta Explorer 2000 set-top is a micro-sparc CPU running the
PowerTV operating system.

When you power on the set-top, the box will DHCP for an IP address. There is a
UDP based syslog of sorts that you can listen to (it sends to broadcast) which
is fun to watch while the box boots. There is also an SNMP agent you can
query for network stats, bandwidth, routing, and some other minor information
(it's a basic MIB).

I found a TCP port that you can connect to. Unfortunately, I'm not quite sure
what to make of the port, and if you type *enough* crap on the port the
set-top will spontaneously reboot.

That's about all I can tell at the moment. Anyone else willing to hack at it
some more? Mine is online at home via a WDS meshed AP repeater laptop running
both it and the primary Tivo - I would hate to crash it from here though, as
the box never seems to power itself on automagically which leaves the Tivo
recording nothing but blackness until I can get home to power-cycle it.

 - Ian

--
- Ian C. Blenke <icblenke@nks.net>

(This message bound by the following: http://www.nks.net/email_disclaimer.html)