Re: [SLUG] Xenix

From: Kenneth W Hansen (khansen46@yahoo.com)
Date: Mon Jun 16 2003 - 19:14:39 EDT

I just figured if someone wanted it, it might be good to play around with. I think it dates back to the late 80's. It was designed for 286/386 computers. I have no interest in any SCO products now (especially after this fiasco), but I think the best revenge is to keep doing what we're doing - since that's obviously what they wanted to keep us from doing.

Ken

Paul M Foster <paulf@quillandmouse.com> wrote:
On Mon, Jun 16, 2003 at 06:09:38AM -0700, Kenneth W Hansen wrote:

> I know it's a bad time to bring this up, but I've got the full set of SCO
> Xenix OS, if anyone wants it. It was given to me a while back, and has
> been in the closet collecting dust. I originally got it as a tool for
> learning Unix, but never used it.
> I believe it's complete, with all the floppies and manuals. I'll sit on it
> for a week before it goes into the circular file.

FWIW, you could send this back to SCO. I got some SCO freebies a while
back for the group, and before I had a chance to give them out, they had
initiated the lawsuit. I sent them all back with a not-so-friendly
letter.

Paul