Re: [SLUG] Mutex destroy failure: Device or resource busy

From: SpamFree (SpamFree@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jun 19 2003 - 11:41:27 EDT

On Thursday June 19 2003 09:56 am, you wrote:
> Well, slightly gritting my teeth, it turned-out to be the kword.desktop
> file under the .kde directory. If anyone can shed some heavenly light on
> why the devil this occurs, I would greatly appreciate solving this quirk.
> Here are the differences between the files. The first one generates the
> error I mentioned earlier in this thread; the second one works perfectly in
> the same location of
> /home/<username>/.kde/share/applnk-redhat/Office/kword.desktop:
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Comment=Word Processing
> Exec=kword
> Icon=kword
> InitialPreference=2
> MimeType=KOfficePart;KParts/ReadOnlyPart;KParts/ReadWritePart;application/x
>-kword-crypt;application/x-kword;Application;text/plain;application/msword
> Name=KWord
> ServiceTypes=
> Terminal=false
> Type=Application
>
> [Desktop Entry]
> Comment=Word Processing
> Exec=kword
> Icon=kword
> Name=Kword
> Path=
> Terminal=0
> TerminalOptions=
> Type=Application
> X-KDE-SubstituteUID=false
> X-KDE-Username=
>
> /mario
>
> On Friday 30 May 2003 17:45, you wrote:
> > Mario Lombardo wrote:
> > >I'm trying to run kword as a normal user using RedHat8.0, Celeron
> > > 900MHz,
>
> and
>
> > >512MB RAM. I tried to logout/login, reboot, and shutdown. Kword works
> > >perfectly as root, but I get the following error with a normal user:

Looks like you updated KDE. The .desktop file format changed with the newer
version. It works as root because when you did the KDE update, as root, it
updated root's config files. But, it didn't change/update the config files of
the users. If I remember correctly, there is a command that you need to
execute after the KDE upgrade that does this for you. Otherwise, you must
recreate the users' shortcuts for them to be in the new file format.

I'm sure the KDE post upgrade command is in the documentation but, I do not
know where at the moment.