Re: [SLUG] Dual-boot laptop

From: Steven Buehler (swbuehler@yahoo.com)
Date: Thu Jun 26 2003 - 02:45:21 EDT

On Wed, 2003-06-25 at 23:36, jeff wrote:
> Bradley Brown wrote:
>
> >---snipped-----
> > Is there any particular distro that is geared more towards the laptop?
> >
> 2) Mandrake seems to be about equal (good hardware detection,
> multiple installation choices) but takes longer to install.

Have to agree; after trying RedHat, Mandrake, and Debian, I stuck with
Mandrake 9.1. In fact, that's the distro I've stuck with on all of my
systems. Only downside: RedHat has a lot more support for DocBook than
Mandrake (I use DocBook for some of my documentation projects).

--
Steven Buehler <swbuehler@yahoo.com>