Re: [SLUG] Changing Distributions

From: Joe Brandt (vzd1s11k@verizon.net)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 17:46:03 EDT

On Thu, 2003-07-03 at 10:09, John Gould wrote:
> Hello all.
>
> I am a bit new to running linux, and need a little help. I am currently
> running Red Hat 8.0 on a dual boot system with 2k. I am having a lot of
> problems with it, most of them my fault, but a few that have been around
> since install. I downloaded the ISO's for Mandrake last night and want
> to give it a try. The one thing I am worried about is I am running the
> graphical version of the boot loader (grub I think), and I am worried if
> I blow out my Red Hat Partition and replace it with Mandrake if this
> will pooch my whole system. Does anyone have any advice on the matter?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> John Gould

I do not have an answer but I have tried RedHat 8 and am now back with
Mandrake. Can't call myself a newbie anymore but not by much. Mandrake
is so easy to use that I am going to actually buy (and the crowd gasps
in unison) the 7 cd set for $69. They have a home version for $39. I
have learned enough to give XP the back seat (games only). [I can not
recommend Transgaming winex]

my $0.02

Joe Brandt