[SLUG] Changing Distributions

From: John Gould (johng3@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Thu Jul 03 2003 - 10:09:55 EDT

Hello all.

I am a bit new to running linux, and need a little help. I am currently
running Red Hat 8.0 on a dual boot system with 2k. I am having a lot of
problems with it, most of them my fault, but a few that have been around
since install. I downloaded the ISO's for Mandrake last night and want
to give it a try. The one thing I am worried about is I am running the
graphical version of the boot loader (grub I think), and I am worried if
I blow out my Red Hat Partition and replace it with Mandrake if this
will pooch my whole system. Does anyone have any advice on the matter?

Thanks in advance,
John Gould