Re: [SLUG] Changing Distributions

From: Robert Foxworth (rfoxwor1@tampabay.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 00:08:22 EDT

If you have a really hot system you like to use, get 2 hard disk trays
and a second disk, and put one OS on each disk so your 2k will
have its own disk and you can reinstall at will on the other. Or
just get a second system to hack with.

Maybe a good place to mention a place I discovered, which is
Quicksilver Recycling, 8509 Sunstate Street, Tampa, 813-886-1494.
Sunstate is a little industrial park street running just north off of
Waters Ave, the Tropical Sportswear facility is on the south side
of Waters. They have a lot of components, monitors, systems.
I've gotten a few IDE disks in the 3 to 6 GB range from them
for $15 and $25 for experimenting, and for an upgrade to my
firewall. Disks are tested and reformatted with Win98 DOS only,
Fujitsu, Seagates etc.

Should work well for multi-boot, multidisk systems.