[SLUG] Promise RAID 0 data recovery

From: virtros (virtros@cfl.rr.com)
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 02:02:15 EDT

Sorry this isn't totally linux related....but it is my debian box so
I'll try to squeek it by.

I just upgraded my computer and put my old hardware into my linux server
for all the obvious reasons. My server consisted of a Gigabyte P4 Titan
8PE667 Ultra that had a 2.4B with that big Zalman copper heatsink on it.
The mobo has a Promise 20276 Fasttrak 133 RAID 0+1 controller with two
80 Gig WD special edition drives in RAID 0. The data on there i would
REALLY like to keep.

I came home a few days ago to find the hearsink on the bottem of the
case with the processor and part of the socket still attached to it.
Needless to say both the mobo and the chip are toast...luckly both items
are under warrenty. Intel replaced the chip and newegg is replacing the
mobo. Problem is that they no longer have that exact mobo and they are
going to replace my mobo with a comparable model. I called them and
found out that they are going to give me a Abit IS7 instead which i am
ok with but there is no Promise RAID controller...upon further review it
seems as if the promise controller has been completely replaced by
serial ata raid.

does anyone know if you can get the data off a RAID 0 array created by a
Promise 20276 with a Promise FASTTRACK MODEL SX4000 RAID5 or a PROMISE
FASTTRAK TX2000.

http://www.newegg.com/app/ViewProduct.asp?submit=manufactory&manufactory
=1119&catalog=11&DEPA=1&sortby=14&order=1

Thanks

noah