Re: [SLUG] a simple harddrive backup scheme

From: Eric Jahn (eric@ejahn.net)
Date: Fri Jul 04 2003 - 10:50:59 EDT

"From a hardware aspect two same sized drives both bootable is the
cheapest
> most convenient form of operation, with built a in recovery option."

the above sounds like the simplest, lowest maintenance solution to me.
so when my old original drive crashes, just switch to boot from the
newer drive. I supposed I would have to initially do a complete disk
copy from the old to the new, then just update the files I need saved
(home directory) regularly. I guess I would also need to check now and
again the verify that the new backup disk is still even bootable as I
keep adding files (boot which aren't system files, just data file in
/home). Of course if lightning strikes, I'm up $*!t creek, but chances
are I'll be sitting at the computer at that time also, so no worries. ;)