Re: [SLUG] brighthouse

From: thor_consulting@yahoo.com
Date: Tue Jul 08 2003 - 07:55:12 EDT

sorry about the confusion...

i was just venting over the fact that i got 2 different stories from them
about what could and couldn't be done and for how much.

i currently have one RR (Toshiba PCX2200) cable modem with a Linksys BEFSR41
router attached.

i have set up a second computer for the wife to get her email in another
part of my apartment and wanted to connect it to RR.

i do not have the funds to purchase a new wireless router (Linksys WRT54G -
$129.99) or wireless network card (Linksys WMP54G - $69.99).

i also have a spare cable modem (3com CMX) that i was hoping to just hook up
and pay < $20/month for the second connection.

i guess my wife will just have to deal with the 25' cat 5 cable going from
room-to-room for now.

thanks,
thor

btw: i found several network devices which used the existing cable wiring
but i wasn't sure how reliable they would be in an apartment complex.

any thoughts?