[SLUG] Trying to use jigdo to download Debian - and getting failures

From: Meyer, David R (David.Meyer07@ca.com)
Date: Tue Jul 29 2003 - 11:42:40 EDT

Hello,

I ready to take the plunge into the Debian world and have been trying to
download it using jigdo. I have entered my proxy information into the
jigdo-lite-settings file (yes, I am doing this on my Windows machine at
my office...sorry) and I have no problem getting through. But when I
type http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian as per the instructions on the
Debian website, it gives me the error below "File 'debian' does not
exist!"

Am I missing something obvious? I was under the assumption that if I
followed those instructions it would find the debian files I need and
down them. Is this correct? I have tried numerous changes to settings
file, and also the url to see if that makes a difference, but it doesn't
appear to do anything.

I have attached the script I am getting below. Thank you for any help
you can be.

Sincerely,

Dave

********************

Jigsaw Download "lite"
Copyright 2001-2003 by Richard Atterer <jigdo@atterer.net>

To resume a half-finished download, enter name of .jigdo file.
To start a new download, enter URL of .jigdo file.
You can also enter several URLs/filenames, separated with spaces,
or enumerate in {}, e.g. `http://server/cd-{1_NONUS,2,3}.jigdo'
jigdo [http://ftp.us.debian.org/debina]: http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian

Downloading .jigdo file
--11:30:52-- http://ftp.us.debian.org/debian
           => `debian'
Resolving naproxy.ca.com... done.
Connecting to naproxy.ca.com[141.202.248.209]:80... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 301 Moved Permanently
Location: http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/ [following]
--11:30:52-- http://ftp.egr.msu.edu/debian/
           => `index.html.2'
Connecting to naproxy.ca.com[141.202.248.209]:80... connected.
Proxy request sent, awaiting response... 200 OK
Length: unspecified [text/html]

    [ <=> ] 1,972 1.88M/s

11:30:53 (1.88 MB/s) - `index.html.2' saved [1972]

File `debian' does not exist!
Press any key to continue . . .