Re: [SLUG] Digital Rights Management (DRM) in the Linux kernel!?!

From: Robin 'Roblimo' Miller (robin@roblimo.com)
Date: Thu Aug 14 2003 - 01:08:24 EDT

>> But if we can have Open Source
>>software that allows us to read DRM'd content, we're simply following a
>>time-honored Open Source tradition.

Okay, let's pretend we're Hank Williams, Jr, whip out our gee-tars, and
sing along with feeling:

Linus, tell me now,
Why do you code?
Why... give it away?
Why do you re-ject all the
Patches I wrote?

Do you have to do
That DRM dance?
Are they making you
Kowtow to their stance?

I gotta say,
It's against my religion
What I put on my puter's hard drive
Is my.. personal decision
So If I get drunk
And download all night long,
It's an... open source tradition!

-- lyrics copyleft 2003 by Robin 'Roblimo' Miller